Eating disorders are insidious illnesses. It is quite easy to fall victim to one, especially for those who constantly diet. So, at what point does disordered eating turn into a full-fledged eating disorder? If you suspect you may be at that point, please answer the questions provided below.
Eating Disorder Screen (SCOFF)
1. Do you make yourself Sick because you feel uncomfortably full?
2. Do you worry you have lost Control over how much you eat?
3. Have you recently lost more than One stone (15 pounds) in a three-month period?
4. Do you believe yourself to be Fat when others say you are too thin?
5. Would you say that Food dominates your life?
If you answered "yes" to two or more of the five questions, you may be at risk. Please consult with a physician or a therapist, or feel free to contact the professionals at Remuda Ranch.
All calls are private and confidential. Please call to speak to a Counselor 866-390-5100 today.
Morgan, J.F., Lacey, J.H., & Luck, A. (2002, April). Validation of the SCOFF questionnaire for case detection of eating disorders in primary care. Paper presented at the International Conference on Eating Disorders of the Academy for Eating Disorders, Boston, MA.
Perry, L., Morgan, J., Reid, F., Brunton, J., O'Brien, A., Luck, A., and Lacey, H. (2002). Screening for symptoms of eating disorders: Reliability of the SCOFF Screening Tool with written compared to oral deliver. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 32, 466-472.