Innovative eating disorder treatment located in Wickenburg, Arizona. Remuda Ranch's Acute Care Program is an inpatient care program for people suffering from eating disorders. It incudes age-specific programs for Adolescents (ages 8-17) and Adults (18+).
Remuda Acute Care Program Goals
The primary goals are centered on helping the patient and her family gain insight and understanding into discovering the “function” the eating disorder behavior serves and developing new skills to enhance individual and family effectiveness.
At this level of care, our eating disorder patients achieve:
- Medical stabilization
- Restored nutritional balance
- Greater insight and awareness of the origins of the eating disorder,
- Increased knowledge of specific skills, which will assist the patient in developing a solid aftercare plan and maintaining recovery.
Eating Disorder Treatment Phases
Treatment phases include:
- A thorough assessment in critical areas including: medical, psychological, motivational/spiritual, nutritional, and educational. A collateral history is completed to gain a better understanding of the early years of development and course of illness.
- Clinical therapies designed to enhance awareness, challenge thinking processes and behaviors that contribute to the maintenance of the disorders, and develop skills to manage emotions more effectively.
- Participation with family members/guardians in solidifying the aftercare plan and preparing for the challenges of returning to home and school/work.
We recognize the complicated nature of eating disorders and strive to uncover and treat other underlying conditions. Most common co-occurring diagnoses include:
- Mood Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders, including OCD
- Substance Use Disorders
Advantages Of The Acute Care Program
- Intentionally warm and nurturing environment.
- Medical Stabilization provided with specialized Internal Medicine, Nutritional care and 24-Hour Nursing.
- Academic Curriculum provided by local school district or with home school.
- Coordination with schools, referring providers and support systems throughout treatment.
- Spiritual integration as indicated by patient.
- Patients are in a dedicated eating disorder milieu (all patients must have a primary eating disorder diagnosis).
- Certified low and high ropes Challenge Course and EAGALA certified equine activities.
- Multiple other therapeutic activities.
- 1:5 Therapist to Patient Ratio
- Dedicated Female Milieu
- Eating disorder-specific Psychiatry, Individual, Group and Family Therapy.
- Employed physician model
- Treatment setting that provides a warm nurturing environment and more closely mimics a home setting
- Experiential activities
Therapy staff are eating disorder experienced doctoral or master’s level and all are licensed. Each program has:
- Attending Psychiatrist
- Primary Care MD
- Primary Therapist
- Registered Dietician
- Registered Nursing staff- Trained in both behavioral health and eating disorder aspects of care
- Activity staff
- Support staff
We Are Here To Help
Recovery from anorexia and bulimia is possible. It's happening every day at Remuda Ranch. For additional information about the treatment of eating disorders, please call to speak to a Counselor at 866-390-5100 or complete a Take the Next Step form and we will contact you with the information you need.